Saturday, April 12, 2008

2003 Favorite Books

Man, this was a good year for good books! I found that I read 48 books in 2003. And it was quite difficult to narrow it down to a manageable favorite list! Here is what I came up with:


Lost Nation-Jeffrey Lent
Keeping The Faith-Frank and John Schaffer
The Mercy Seat-Rilla Askew
Red Water-Judith Freeman
My Losing Season-Pat Conroy
Big Stone Gap-Adriana Trigiani
Oral History-Lee Smith
Rachel’s Holiday-Marian Keyes
The Secret Lives of Bees-Sue Monk Kidd
Swan-Frances Mayes
Sins of the 7th Sister-Huston Curtiss
More Than You Know-Beth Gutcheon


I am sure that many of you have read some of these books listed. Several of them were very popular books. And honestly, I am not sure that I can even mark which ones were my very favorites! I really liked Lost Nation. Oral History, Rachel's Holiday (a fun book) and The Secret Lives of Bees. I am a huge fan of Jeffrey Lent and Lee Smith, so they can't really miss with me.


Let me know if you try any of these, or if you have already read them, what you thought. Let's help others find good reads!

No comments: