Thursday, May 1, 2008

Best Reads of 2004

I read 43 books in 2004. I have picked eight of them to be my selected best read books of that year. Several of them were very popular books and with good reason! I thought that all of these books were very well written and interesting stories. I know that at least one of them was an Oprah pick (Back Roads), for those of you who like to follow her choices. Anyway, here are Sue's picks:

Drowning Ruth-Christina Schwarz *****
The Seduction of Water-Carol Goodman
The DaVinci Code-Dan Brown
The Time Traveler’s Wife-Audrey Niffenegger ****
Cold Mountain-Charles Frazier ******
One Thousand White Women-Jim Fergus ***
Back Roads-Tawni O’Dell
The Shadow of the Wind-Carlos Ruiz Zafon

By far, Cold Mountain was my favorite of this list, although Drowning Ruth is a very close second. I highly recommend any of these books. I don't think that the reader would be disappointed. Anyone who follows these posts closely would notice that Drowning Ruth was also on my 2001 list. A sign of a very good book indeed!

Anyone have any comments on these choices?

No comments: