Saturday, January 7, 2012

I Love December!

My birthday and Christmas are in December and that meant books, books, books for me!  I got some money from my parents for my birthday, and quickly went to Barnes and Noble and bought myself a gift card with the money!  And am doing the same with money that I received for Christmas!  What better gift than one of books?  And then for Christmas, I also received 3 books that I had asked Santa for!  Here is a list of the books that I acquired in the month of December:

Little Heathens by Mildred Armstrong Kalish

The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes

The List by Martin Fletcher

Jack Kennedy by Chris Matthews

The Time of Our Lives by Tom Brokaw

The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Diodon

Lincoln by David Herbert Donald

On Canaan's Side by Sebastian Barry

Children and Fire by Ursula Hegi

So far, I have completed reading Little Heathens (for book group this week) and The List (to be reviewed this week on this blog).  I am currently reading Jack Kennedy and am thoroughly enjoying it. I have found it interesting that four of the nine books are nonfiction, which I don't usually tend to read, although I always have great intentions of reading more nonfiction.   The List is a novel, but is based on real life, so it is not counted as nonfiction, but it almost is!

And then, to top it off, one of my absolute favorite gifts that I received for Christmas was a new tote bag that is a To Kill A Mockingbird theme!!!  I love it!!!

No comments: