Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Third Degree

Third Degree is a book that I had not read yet, by one of my favorite authors, Greg Iles.  I have written about his books before...they are mysteries that take place in Mississippi.  I am not a big mystery reader at all, but I love his books, especially those about Penn Cage.

Anyway, this was not about the character Penn Cage, so that was a bit of a disappointment to me.  However, it was still a good mystery.  The story primarily takes place over a 24 hour period, when Laurel Shields learns that she is pregnant, probably by her lover.  Her physician husband found a love note in their home and when Laurel returns home, her husband holds her captive as he tries to learn the identity of her lover.

As I said, it was a good mystery.  However, I am really holding out for the release of Mr. Iles' two newest books, which are about Penn Cage.  Sadly, Mr. Iles was involved in a terrible accident in March of last year and has been working hard at recovery, so the release of the books has been postponed.  I know that they are highly anticipated!!!

No comments: