Wednesday, February 18, 2015

What I Know For Sure



I received Oprah Winfrey’s new book, What I Know For Sure, for Christmas.  I had picked it up at
the library earlier, read a few pages, and took it back.  I didn’t want to keep reading it because I was taken with all of it immediately and wanted my own copy! As trite as it sounds, I found this book to be one of the most inspirational books I have ever read.  While I am not a huge Oprah fan, I do respect all that she has done, and find her spirituality to be quite on target with my own beliefs.  I found myself wanting to mark every page for something written on it, and finally realized that I just couldn’t do that.  I had to accept that I found the whole book inspirational. 

The book is a compilation of her monthly columns in the Oprah magazine.  So each essay is quite short, but distinct.  It is divided into sections: Joy, Resilience, Connection, Gratitude, Possibility, Awe, Clarity and Power.


"You have the choice this very moment-the only moment you have for certain.  I hope you aren't so wrapped up in nonessential stuff that you forget to really enjoy yourself-because this moment is about to be over.  I hope you'll look back and remember today as the day you decided to make every one count, to relish each hour as if there would never be another."
The book also has a small bookmark ribbon attached!  Bonus.

No comments: