Friday, January 12, 2018

The Best Jigsaw Puzzle Ever!

It's winter here in Illinois, and it has been brutal lately, although I have to admit, not as bad as the East Coast with all the snow.  But it has been really cold here, which is one of my most un-favorite things.

But imagine my joy when I came across this jigsaw puzzle at Barnes and Noble.  It is a puzzle of book covers that have female heroines!!!  My two favorite things I can come up with about winter-reading and doing jigsaw puzzles (the only other things I can come up with are my electric blanket and fires in our fireplace).




Here is the list of book covers on the puzzle.  I am sharing it because, sadly, I have only read 22 of the 50 books. Those I have read are marked by *:

A Wrinkle In Time
*Beloved
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
*Heartburn
White Teeth
*The Color Purple
*The Bell Jar
Pride and Prejudice
A Garden of Earthly Delights
In the Time of the Butterflies
The House of the Spirits
*The Joy Luck Club
*I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
*Rebecca
*Song of Solomon
The Handmaids Tale
The Lowland
The Age of Innocence
*The Good Earth
*The Secret Life of Bees
The House of Mirth
The Awakening and Selected Stories
*A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Play It As It Lays
A Tale for the Time Being
*Wuthering Heights
*My Antonia
*Like Water for Chocolate
The Mediator
*Housekeeping
*Little Women
A Good Man is Hard to Find
Them
Hag-Seed
*Pilgrim at Tinker Creek
Night and Day
The Penelopiad
The God of Small Things
*Their Eyes Were Watching God
*bel canto
Wide Sargasso Sea
*The Optimist's Daughter
The Volcano Lover
*Outlander
Soulless
Shiver
Fire
One for the Money
*Jane Eyre
Flowering Judas and other stories

I will say that 2 of the books that I haven't read are on my TBR pile.  I would love to say that I plan to read all the others in 2018, but, in the interest of honesty, there is no way that will happen.  However, I am going to keep the list and try to whittle my way through it over the next couple of years.

1 comment:

Priscilla King said...

I've read most of the ones you have, and have yet to read most of the ones you've not, so I'll comment on "Wide Sargasso Sea": It's very short, which is a good thing, because it's also very sad. Jean Rhys was an alcoholic, herself, which makes her take on what went wrong with the first Mrs. Rochester especially poignant for me. She knew but couldn't stop.

Read it if you want to (1) feel more intense empathy for addicts, and (2) cry.