Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2 more for December

I read The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charles Mackesy shortly before Christmas, and loved it so much that I gave it for gifts! It's a short, easy to read book with incredibly beautiful illustrations.  The narrative reminded me of Winnie the Pooh and his friends, passing on simple, important lessons.

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse (B&N Exclusive Edition)

Today I finished Furious Hours: Murder, Fraud and The Last Trial of Harper Lee by Casey Cep.  It has taken me forever to complete reading this, primarily because I didn't feel any interest in the book.  First of all, Harper Lee was not on trial.  According to this book, Harper Lee intended to write a book titled The Reverend about the true case of murder and fraud committed by a Reverend Maxwell.  She did a great deal of research on the case, but never published anything related to it. It took the author 276 pages to tell that story.  The author did talk to a number of people who interacted with Ms. Lee and that part was interesting to me.  But all in all, I was quite disappointed with this book. 

No comments: