Sunday, July 19, 2020

I've been gone awhile, but still reading!

I have been sidelined with hand surgery (right hand) and therapy and having our house on the market.  This is the first typing I've attempted since the beginning of June!  The good news is that the hand is healing well, and we sold our house! Soon my posts will be from the gulf coast of Alabama! 

These posts will be brief because of my hand.  I have posted a picture of what I have read up to the last two weeks.  Hopefully, my next posts will be more detailed!  Happy reading!


The one at the bottom is A Passage to India.  I really did not care for it.

The other books listed from bottom to top are:

All My Puny Sorrows by Miriam Toews-I wasn't crazy about this story, yet it remained with me for a while.

Rebecca's Tale by Sally Beauman-this is a sequel to the novel Rebecca.  It takes place twenty years after Rebecca left off.  It is written in the same style as Rebecca and was approved by the Du Maurier estate.  It was really good!

Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier-a classics novel for a good reason!  It was great to re-read this for one of my book groups!  If you haven't read it or you haven't read it recently, grab it up!  A good love story and mystery!

The Book of Lost Friends by Lisa Wingate-Ms. Wingate hit a home run again with this one!  It is a story about freed slaves trying to find their families who they had been separated from, usually years before.  Very powerful story!

A Mercy by Toni Morrison-this was read for my other book group.  I love this book, but just a warning, it can be a bit difficult to read as it jumps time periods often.  I recommend reading all of her books!

The Dutch House by Ann Patchett-another book club choice.  It's a good story about family issues-I always enjoy those!

The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd-this is a novel about the wife of Jesus. I was a bit let down with the book.  It's an interesting premise, but I just felt like it was lacking.  I mean if you going to imagine a wife for Jesus, imagine more details!

A Place for Us by Fatima Farkeen Mirza- I loved this book and highly recommend it.  I didn't think that I would enjoy reading it, but it is a very well-written and powerful family story.

No comments: