Friday, January 1, 2021

2020 In Review

 I am so happy that 2020 is over.  May 2021 bring us abundant blessings!

I read 59 books in 2020. 50 were fiction, 9 were non-fiction (a pretty good number for me, and even more surprisingly, 4 of them are in these lists!). This year is a very easy choice for my top book of the year that I read and I predicted it after I read it.  

However, there were 19 books that I rated as very good:

 Before and After-Judy Christie & Lisa Wingate

The Revisioners-Margaret Wilkerson Sexton

Dear Edward-Ann Napolitano

The Secrets We Kept-Laura Prescott

Disappearing Earth-Julia Phillips

The Overstory-Richard Powers

The Zahir-Paul Coelho

The Immortalists-Chloe Benjamin

Rebecca-Daphne Du Maurier

Rebecca’sTale-Sally Beauman

A Mercy-Toni Morrison

The Book of Lost Friends-Lisa Wingate

The Vanishing Half-Brit Bennett

Normal People-Sally Rooney

The Color of Water-James McBride

Talking to Strangers-Malcolm Gladwell

Jack-Marilyn Robinson

The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell-Robert Dugoni

Almost Everything-Anne Lamott

Help, Thanks, Wow-Anne Lamott


You can't go wrong with those! All were very good reads! But the next category is the four books that I rated as great:


The Nickel Boys-Colson Whitehead

A Place for Us-Fatima Farkeen Mirza

The World We Knew-Alice Hoffman

This Is Happiness-Niall Williams


And the book of the year for me was the one that I rated as excellent:


A Little Life-Hanya Yanagihara: A devastatingly beautiful book!!




No comments: