Thursday, May 13, 2021

The Dry

 I think that I have become a big fan of Jane Harper, the author of The Dry!  This book is a great, easy to read, and follow mystery! And now I learn that it was Ms. Harper's debut novel (published in 2016). 

The death of Aaron Falk's best friend Luke, Luke's wife and son brought Aaron back to his small hometown in Australia, where years before Aaron and his father left in shame. Luke's parents called Aaron, who was a Federal agent (working in forensic accounting) to unofficially help with the case.  It appeared that Luke had killed his wife and son, then killed himself, leaving his infant daughter alive and unharmed. As Luke began helping with the case, old secrets began coming to light bringing up another unsolved death-the one that Aaron and his father had fled from years ago.

This novel is one of the best-written mysteries I have read.  I couldn't stop reading it! I have already ordered more of her books!



 

No comments: