Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Top Reads of 2000

Below is a list of the best of the books that I read in 2000. I have *** the best, with *** being my absolute favorite book read that year.

Uncle Tom’s Cabin-Harriett Beecher Stowe ***
Simon’s Family-Marianne Fredriksson ***
Vinegar Hill-A. Manette Ansay
The Strange Woman-Ben Ames Williams
A Tangled Web-L.M. Montgomery
While I Was Gone-Sue Miller ***
Gap Creek-Robert Morgan
Killing Mr. Watson-Peter Matthiessen ***
Lost Man’s River-Peter Matthiessen ***
Bone By Bone-Peter Matthiessen ***
Eddie’s Bastard-William Kowalski
Ahab’s Wife-Sena Jeter Naslund ***
The Vision of Emma Blau-Ursula Hegi

As you can see, I tend to read pretty eclectically. Would love to hear anyone's opinions of any of these books, if you have read them.

Of course, I have to wonder, does anyone really care what books I liked?

No comments: