Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Random Thoughts

The two new books that I ordered arrived today! Hooray! Isn't is just like Christmas when you get new books? I love it! And now, I can't wait to finish the one that I am reading, so I can begin a new one! Right now I am reading Song of Names, which is one of the books that I chose for my self-imposed challenge (reading 5 winners of the Whitbread Award). I'll save my comments about it for my post when I finish it.

I noticed two magazines recently mentioned reading...unfortunately I can't recall what magazine it was that featured bookstores in the Midwest...I will put it in this post if I come across it. I meant to save it, so hopefully it is around here somewhere. In Midwest Living, the editoral page for the January/February edition is about reading. Books that editor Greg Philby mentioned as recommended for "great curl-up reads" were the following:

Home by Julie Andrews

Tinisima by Elena Poniatowska

Any Book By Dorothy Allison

Diary of a Worm by Doreen Cronin

Read any of the three mentioned specifically? I agree with the Any Book by Dorothy Allison. Her books are great. I haven't read any of the others.

I will be heading to the beach for a week in another month and am already wondering what books to take! I can't even wait to be sitting poolside or on the beach with a book..it's my idea of heaven. Curling up with a blanket and a good book are about the only good things that I can think of about winter.

No comments: