Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Randomness

I finally did it. Left a message at the library that I would like to help work on the committees for the new library! I am so proud of myself! I don't know anyone in town, other than our chiropractor and grocery store/pharmacy people, so not only might I meet some others, but surely, they must be interested in books if they are working on the new library! I don't frequent this town's library too much because it is so small and although I am not a small person by any means, I am not unusually large, and I can barely get through the aisles in the present library...and forget trying to bend over to look at something on the lower shelves! I usually drive an extra 10 miles to go to another library (that I love). So you can imagine my excitement when I read a month or so ago that there are plans to build a new library in our small town! Land has already been purchased and plans have been drawn up!

This afternoon the librarian called me and is putting me in touch with one of the committees (fundraising). I am excited!

On another note, while waiting for new tires to be installed today I walked over to the Salvation Army store and found 2 books for $1.00 total. Got a copy of Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle In Time, and got She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. Have never read either, so again, I am catching up with the rest of the world!

1 comment:

Bybee said...

Yay for the new library!!!