Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Anyone dealing with Wheat Belly?

Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis is quite an interesting, perhaps eye-opening book.  The book is about eliminating all wheat from one's diet.  Dr. Davis maintains that wheat in the modern day form is not the same wheat of old and is the cause of many health problems.   He even feels that the modern day wheat is addicting. He makes a compelling case.

"A wheat-free diet has been associated with significant benefits, including:
-Weight loss of 20, 30, even 50 pounds in the first few months
-Alleviation of metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes
-Recovery from intestinal woes, like ulcerative colitis and celiac disease
-Marked improvement in overall cholesterol and LDL counts
-Improvement in bone density and reversal of osteopenia
-Cessation of skin conditions from psoriasis to oral ulcers and hair loss
-Reduction of inflammation and rheumatoid arthritis pain."

What more could you want?  The thing is, I am serious...what if he is right? He has lots of studies and patient trials to prove his point.  The book is very easy to read, although some of it was too much information for me.  But others may find it quite interesting.  Definitely a book to read and consider!

2 comments:

Bybee said...

I gave up bread (with a few slip-ups) on August 10. I've been feeling much more energetic. I haven't lost much weight, but I do feel better.

Sue F. said...

Bybee-I have been off all wheat for just over three weeks now and have had an almost disappearance of arthritic symptoms...I may turn out to be quite a believer!