Monday, March 11, 2013

Finding Things in Your Old Books

Have you ever experienced this...picking up an old book you haven't looked at for years and discovering some treasure that you had stuck in it?  It has happened twice to me lately!

A few weeks ago I looked at the bookcase above my bed and spotted an old book that I thought my book group might be interested in reading.  As I looked through it, I discovered this:

If you can't read it, it says "To Sue-I found this book charming! luv from Mom"

It was a Christmas gift that she had given me years ago.  The book was Testament of Trust by Faith Baldwin...a truly charming book!

Then last week, I was again looking at an old book and found the following in it:



A note to the Easter Bunny from my oldest daughter, written about 1979.

Finding both of these were such unexpected pleasures!  Perhaps I should go look through more old books! 

No comments: