Monday, November 23, 2015

The Good Girl

The Good Girl is a debut novel by Mary Kubica.  I loved it and can't wait to read more that she will Gone Girl in terms of suspense!
write.  A good suspense mystery, with no explicit language or details!  That was one of the things that I noticed immediately with this book and it was quite refreshing.  And the book stood perfectly well on it's own without all that! I would compare this story to be equal to



A young woman, Mia, was kidnapped and taken away for some time.  When she was discovered, she did not seem to recall much of what she had endured.  Mia was also calling herself Chloe.  Her mother wanted to find out what had happened with Mia.  Her father didn't seem as concerned.

The story is written in an interesting fashion.  It is told by three narrators: Eve (Mia's mother, Colin (the kidnapper) and Gabe (the detective that Eve hired to find Mia). Along with that, each narrator goes back and forth between "Before" and "After" when Mia was taken.  I liked it...I didn't find it confusing.

 I really don't want to share much of the story here because I don't want to give anything away.  Suffice to say...great book!

No comments: