Sunday, December 30, 2018

First book of 2018 (not 2019, but 2018)


Dream Big Dreams: Photographs from Barack Obama's Inspiring and Historic Presidency (Young Readers)
I had written this blog at the first of the year and when I was reviewing my blogs I saw that the text was not good.  So this is the update on the first blog of 2018!

Dream Big Dreams is a children's book by Pete Souza, the former Chief Official White House Photographer. It was a Christmas gift to me (along with Obama: An Intimate Portrait which is also by Pete Souza. I have to get to that book soon!)


Dream Big Dreams is a beautiful book for children with a wonderful messages inside, along with gorgeous pictures of the President interacting with others, especially children. It has six chapters titled: Be Kind and Respectful, Work Hard, Make Time for Family, Show Compassion, Have Fun, and Dream Big Dreams.


"It is you, the young and fearless at heart, the most diverse and educated generation in our history, who the nation is waiting to follow."
Mr. Souza wrote of President Obama in the Introduction of the book:
"He often tells his daughters, 'Be kind and and be useful."
As the author wrote, this book "shows the true spirit of the man".  I was tearful when I finished the book and all I could say was "What a good man."  I am proud that this is my first book reviewed in 2018.

No comments: