Sunday, December 30, 2018

The Tattooist of Auschwitz

I received The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris as a Christmas gift this year.  I had picked it up several times to buy, but always put it back, so I was glad to get it!It was a quick read.  



Title: The Tattooist of Auschwitz, Author: Heather Morris

The book is an historical novel based on the true story of Lale Sokolov, a Slovakian Jew.  In 1942, he was transported from his home to the concentration camps. When his captors found that he could speak several languages he was made to work as a the tattooist.  The story tells of his two and a half years imprisoned, including falling in love with Gita.  The story includes horrific acts, but also acts of incredible bravery and courage among Lale and the other prisoners.

I enjoyed the book primarily because I knew that it was a true story.  I didn't care for the author's style of writing, but the story was good enough to keep my attention.

No comments: