Thursday, October 29, 2020

Three incredibly short reviews

 The last three books that I have read weren't up to my level of expectations for my reading, thus the short reviews.  I need to head to the library for something good to read!

1) If You Tell by Gregg Olsen: the very disturbing true story of a really deranged, mentally ill mother and the amazing resilience of her three daughters.  I know mental illness, but this woman took it to a whole other level in terms of her cruelty to others.  Pretty hard to read.

2) Dear Life by Alice Munro.  This was a book club read and is a book of short stories.  I don't like short stories so it was tough for me to get through.  However, Ms. Munro's writing is brilliant.  So if you like short stories, I would recommend it to you!

3) Old Lovegood Girls by Gail Goodwin. I hadn't read any of Goodwin's books for years but had liked them so I checked this out from the library. It was a good story about 2 college roommates (for only one semester) who would touch base every few years with each other.  However, the writing seemed chopped up to me and just didn't flow well. It was disappointing.

No comments: