Tuesday, March 9, 2021

2 more books: The Shadows We Hide and The Book of Angels

 In 2014, I read The Life We Bury by Allen Eskins.  I blogged about it on the 19th of November 2014. I didn't realize that the author had written a second book in 2018 with the same main character.  I was excited to earn this and to go get the book and read it! The second book is The Shadows We HideBoth books are mysteries with the main character being Joe Talbert.


In The Shadows We Hide, Joe Talbert gets a lead on his father, who had left his mother before Joe was born and never returned to meet his child.  However, the lead was an obituary for the man. Because the deceased man's name was also Joe Talbert, it appeared that this was his father.  Joe headed to the town where the man had lived, and there he found all kinds of mysteries going on! First, was this his father? Who killed him and why? Does he really have a half-sister? And these are just a few of the things that Joe was trying to learn.

I love the author's writing.  His writing is very easy to read, the characters are well-developed, and the stories are worth reading!

The other book that I just finished is The Book of Angels by Sophy Burnham. It was an interesting read, although I ended up skimming some of it. I did enjoy the stories that people shared about their experiences with angels!


No comments: