Monday, March 31, 2008

Best Books Read in 2002

I read a lot of books in 2002, but it wasn't a great year for great reads. The bottom four books listed are a series of books about time travel, that I found interesting. They have a lot of history in them (obviously), but also lots of romance, etc. They were quite entertaining.
My favorite book of 2002 is the first book listed. I have enjoyed all of Louise Erdrich's books that I have read, but this was my favorite. I highly recommend it! I think that the first 6 books listed were all very good (some I even rated as excellent). So here they are:

The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse-Louise Erdrich
Mother of My Mother-Hope Edelman
The Home-Richard McKenzie
The Net of Dreams-Julie Salamon
More Than You Know-Beth Gutcheon
In The Country of the Young-Lisa Carey

Dragonfly In Amber-Diana Gabaldon: good
Voyager-Diana Gabaldon: good
The Fiery Cross-Diana Gabaldon: excellent
Outlander-Diana Gabaldon: good
If you have read any of these, let me know what you thought of them!

No comments: