Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Best Reads of 2001

Well, 2001 was a good year for finding excellent books to read. As a matter of fact, it was so good, that I have to mark 2 books as my absolute favorites! I can’t choose between them!

Below is a list of the best of the books that I read in 2001. I have *** the best, with *** being my absolute favorite books read that year.

The Red Tent-Anita Diamant ***

Drowning Ruth-Christina Schwarz ***

Red Grass River-James Carlos Blake

This One and Magic Life-Anne Carroll George

In The Fall-Jeffrey Lent

Queen-Alex Haley & David

Plantation Trilogy-Gwen Bristow

Fall On Your Knees-Ann-Marie McDonald ***

As I continue to list my best reads of each year, you may notice some duplicates. There are a few books that I have found so good that I have re-read them in following years. Drowning Ruth is one of those. It is just an excellent story. Fall on Your Knees is actually a rather similar book, in that it is such a great women’s story.

Both of my favorite books from 2001 reflect my life’s career choice, working with women and their stories. It isn’t surprising to me that these books touched something in me, since I hear these kind of stories every day. The authors do an excellent job expressing the stories that my clients try to tell each day, as they struggle for recovery.Interestingly enough, as I look at the whole list, most of them are about strong women, trying to survive. Seems to be a theme here…..

No comments: