Thursday, August 13, 2009

Random Thoughts

I was supposed to be flying into Grand Junction Colorado today, but United called with a recorded message last night stating that they had canceled the flight and put us on the same flight for tomorrow. I couldn't believe it, but called United and yep, it was true. Anyway, I went to the library last night to try to get the Story Sisters by Alice Hoffman to take with me. My daughter has read it and really liked it, so I am eager to read it. It was checked out and I am next on the list, so I had to find some other books to take. I ended up with The Widow's Season by Laura Brodie and Angels of Destruction by Keith Donohue.

I started The Widow's Season last night...good so far. I am very anxious to read Donohue's book. I loved his last one, The Stolen Child. It rates up there quite high in my favorite books. And so far I have not met anyone else who has read it. I am due to suggest books to my book club for December. Perhaps it would be a good pick. We present 3 books and the group then votes on the one they want to read.

I am also taking Mrs. Lincoln if I have enough time to read it. I am hoping that perhaps Grand Junction has some interesting book stores! Here's hoping that I get to Grand Junction tomorrow!

1 comment:

Bybee said...

I'm eager to hear about Mrs. Lincoln...I saw her dress when I was at the Smithsonian last month. She was short, but not as stout as she looked in pictures. Hope you find lots of bookstores in G.J.