Monday, January 3, 2011

My Top 21 Books of 2010


Yes, it says Top 21.  I just couldn't narrow it down to Top 20!  It was a good reading year, although I don't believe that I made my 100 books read goal that I had set.    I came in at around 75 books read.  I will try to do better this year!

Top 21 of 2010

The Glass Castle-Jeanette Walls
Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet-Jamie Ford
The Blue Orchard-Jackson Taylor
A Thousand Splendid Suns-Khaled Hosseini
The Girl Who Played With Fire-Stieg Larsson
Beach Music-Pat Conroy                                                                  
The Cellist of Sarajevo-Steven Galloway
Little Bird of Heaven-Joyce Carol Oates
Annie’s Ghosts-Steve Luxenberg
The Paperboy-Pete Dexter
Return From Heaven-Carol Bowman
Blood Memory-Greg Iles                                                      
The Greatest Generation-Tom Brokaw
The Thirteenth Tale-Diane Setterfield
The Last Child-John Hart                                                                  
The Other Side of the Bridge-Mary Lawson
The Odd Sea-Frederick Reiken
The Devil’s Punchbowl-Greg Iles
Gilead-Marilyn Robinson
Faithful Place-Tana French
Half A Life-Darin Strauss

It was really fun finding  new-to-me author Greg Iles's books this past year.  I am anxiously awaiting his newest one due out in the next couple of months!

2 comments:

Bybee said...

I'm so glad you read The Glass Castle! I recommend it to everyone.

Susan said...

Ooh, what did you think of Faithful Place? I haven't read it yet. Have you read all of hers? I just posted on your Irish Challenge post, so I didn't see that you'd read at least this of Tana's so far. I read The Glass Castle also, isn't it quite a book? I still can't get over how those kids starved while their mother ate chocolate bars. It was a sad book in many ways, too. What did you think?