Friday, January 31, 2014

knitting yarns-writers on knitting



Here’s a great thing that happened…both of my daughters, unbeknownst to them, gave me the same book    The great thing about it was that it was knitting yarns-writers on knitting.  The book combines two of my favorite things…reading and knitting!
recently...one was for my birthday and the other was for Christmas.

As the title implies, the book is a set of essays by various authors (men and women) who knit.  They wrote essays about knitting and how knitting has related to their lives.  Some of the authors who contributed to the book are some of my favorite authors such as:  Elizabeth Berg, Andre Dubus III, Hope Edelman, Sue Grafton, Ann Hood, Barbara Kingsolver, Ann Patchett, Anita Shreve, and Jane Smiley.

Some of the essays were great, others not as much.  But I still enjoyed reading them all and could usually relate to all of them.  Some of the authors even included a favorite knitting pattern!

I recommend the book for anyone who loves to knit, or just loves knitted things!  It was a great gift to receive! (My second copy went to my favorite knit shop for others to enjoy while there!).  

No comments: