Monday, September 25, 2017

A Couple of Book-ish Events That Occurred This Month

I had a couple of interesting "bookish" things happen this past month.  And they have both been really enjoyable!

First, my son and daughter-in-law got me started on listing to podcasts.  Yes, I know, I am late to the game, but still, I made it! One of my favorite ones is called What Should I Read Next?  In this podcast, there is a guest each week who talks about their reading life, then shares their favorite three books and one book that they "hate".  After sharing these, the narrator recommends three books that she thinks the guest might like.  So over the podcast, seven books in total are discussed.  What is difficult for me, is that I listen to the podcasts while driving in the car, so I can't write down the titles I'm interested in while I'm listening!  It is good practice for my short-term memory!  So far, so good.

Secondly, I recently attended my 50th high school reunion and while there saw a good friend from high school who I had not seen for probably 40 years.  I did remember that she was a big reader, so we had a great time talking about books, book groups, book blogs, and podcasts.  She doesn't live near here anymore, but we have already touched base by email.  It was wonderful to re-connect with a serious reader!

No comments: