Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Ever Have This Happen?

This afternoon I was listening to my very first What Should I Read Next podcast.  I'm just discovering the joy of podcasts and when this one was recommended to me, I was thrilled.  So as I was driving home on my 30 minute drive from town, I turned the first one (to me) on and was greatly enjoying it as they talked about books.  First the guest discussed her three favorite books that she recommends to others, and then she was asked to share the book she has read that she likes the least-the one book she actually hates.  The guest kind of hemmed and hawed, reportedly feeling embarrassed to admit that she hates this book.  Finally the interviewer told her, in so many words, to just put it out there, and the guest says "To Kill A Mockingbird".

I audibly, out loud, gasped!  It was as if I had been shot in the heart.

Then I questioned the guests' books that she recommended.  Could I possibly like them?  I have put two of them on my to-be-read list, so I will find out.  I kind of felt sorry for the guest....one, that she doesn't get the beauty of the book, and two, that she had to admit it to everyone! And I found my reaction to be really funny!  Thankfully, I was still in control of the car as I drove down the highway!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We just discovered this podcast too after the library had a pgm about podcasts. The librarian also recommended these for book lovers: Professional Book Nerds, Levar Burton Reads, Book Riot The Podcast.