Monday, September 25, 2017

Outlander

I read the first four or five Outlander series books when they first came out, but didn't continue with them (there are eight books right now, and I have heard that there will be two more coming).  My daughter-in-law convinced me that I need to go on with them.  However, it has been so many years since I read them, that I had to start over with the series.  So the first one, Outlander by Diane Gabaldfon, is completed.  And it was as good as I remembered!

Outlander (Outlander Series #1)Claire Randall and her husband Frank were in Scotland, reconnecting after World War II had kept them separated.  Frank was seriously researching his genealogy and Claire was just enjoying her time there.  However, one day Claire went out exploring on her own and  walked into a circle of stones.  She then found herself back in time two hundred years, still in Scotland.  In order to survive what was happening there, she had to marry Jamie Fraser.

This is a very involved historical novel, along with a rich love story.  I can't even imagine the amount of research done in order to write this book. It's amazing. I couldn't put it down and immediately began the second book!



No comments: