Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009 Challenge

I finished The Tenderness of Wolves last night (check for new posting on it) and was so impressed with it that I decided to check out the Costa Book Awards site. The Tenderness of Wolves won the 2006 Costa Book of the Year for a 1st Novel. If they were good enough to choose this book, I wanted to see what other books have been chosen.

From the website: “The Costa Book Awards is one of the most prestigious and popular literary prizes in the UK and recognises some of the most enjoyable books of the year by writers based in the UK and Ireland.”

My challenge to myself for 2009 is to read at least 5 of the winners of the Costa Award. I printed off a list of them, beginning from 1971. And to be honest, most of them, I have not heard of. But that is not going to hinder my pursuit.

I will report at the end of this year on how I did with the challenge I have given myself!

No comments: