Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Books, books, books...

I am so up for 2009 reading! I ordered 5 books from Half.com today…all from the list of Costa/Whitbread Award Winners of First Novels. Hopefully, that will take care of the Challenge that I presented to myself for 2009.


What did I order? Here’s the list:


The Song of Names by Norman Lebrecht

The Ventriloquist’s Tale by Pauline Melville

Felicia’s Journey by William Trevon

The Comforts of Madness by Paul Sayer

On the Black Hill by Bruce Chatwin


I have heard/read about Felicia’s Journey and On the Black Hill. I don’t know/never heard of the others, but I did check out reviews on Amazon, so I am hoping that I will enjoy them.


What do I have sitting here waiting to be read right now? Again, another list:


Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama

Big Russ and Me by Tim Russert

The Slave’s War by Andrew Ward

Lincoln’s Melancholy by Joshua Wolf Shenk


As you can see, they are all non-fiction. I am not big on reading non-fiction right now, but retirement will change that, I hope. During the week I usually just read at night in bed, and I only enjoy reading novels before sleep. Presently I am reading Tom Brokaw’s book, Boom during the evening, and The Wood Wife by Terri Windling while in bed. I never have enough time in my day to do all the reading that I want to do. I love to read!

No comments: