Saturday, March 5, 2016

2 books by Matthew Kelly

I was introduced to Matthew Kelly's books a few years ago when my parish gave copies of by Matthew Kelly to the parishioners for Christmas.  I just picked up the book every once in awhile, just reading a bit here and there. However, I do follow the Dynamic Catholic daily messages in my email.  Over Advent this past December, I ordered a copy of Rediscover Advent by Matthew Kelly, which was daily readings for Advent, and I enjoyed that. Following the Dynamic Catholic daily emails inspired me to pick up Rediscover Catholicism again.  And once I committed to reading it, I couldn't stop.
Rediscover Catholicism

Rediscover Catholicism is sub-titled "A Spiritual Guide to Living with Passion and Purpose."  Exactly what I need (and think the world needs!). Here are just two of the things that I took from this book to use in my life:  Matthew shared a story of his younger years when he was searching, and he realized that he just needed to ask "God, what do you think I should do?"  He calls it "The Big Question".  And how simple is that?  Another suggestion in Rediscover Catholicism is to spend fifteen minutes a day with spiritual reading. I can do that.  Which led to the next book I have read.

Another book by Matthew Kelly, The Rhythm of Life, has truly changed my spiritual life.  I can't say
enough about it.  It is all about becoming "the best-version of yourself".  It is about finding the passion of your life, discovering who you are and how you fit into this world.

"The rhythm of life is a way of life.  It is a lifestyle that integrates all of our legitimate needs-physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually."

I am already re-reading it, just one chapter a day (the chapters are very short, sometimes 1-2 pages....easy to read).

So one does not think that Matthew Kelly only recommends reading his books for one's spiritual reading, not so.  I am now reading (again) Man's Search of Meaning.  If you are searching for inspiration for your spirituality journey, I highly recommend Matthew Kelly's books!

No comments: